Creality Ender 5 vs Sovol SV01
- Great for quick builds
- Capable of some really nice prints and good speeds
- Insanely customizeable/upgradeable
- Silent control board (not that it matters, see below)
- Fans are VERY loud
- Great for a solid direct drive printer
- Doesn't have more than 220mm^3 of printing capability
- Might need some improvement with the mounting screws
- Recommended for use in a spare bedroom or garage
Reviews by Topic
Our analysis shows how reviewers feel about different topics. Please note these are not full reviews.
Repeatable print failure, possibly overheating driver
This is the first Creality product I've ever bought, and the last I will ever waste money on. I've had six different printers now and this has more problems than every other one combined. The repeatable failure is a massive layer shift on the X axis at the same layer, in the same direction, with the same distance every time; the bed doesn't move, I've tried adjusting the belt tension, the carriage tension, and different code from different computers, different SD cards, and different filament, but nothing has fixed this. This is the final straw and I just don't want to deal with this printer anymore
9 months ago
Got an opinion on a product you've used?
If so, we want to hear from you! Write an authentic longevity review about the product and share your experience with our community. You'll have the chance to win a $100 gift card.